Do It Yourself
Weeping Madonna Statue
Today's helpful tip is a craft project, fun for all the
family. Astonish your friends and bring hundreds of devoted peasants to
your front door, with your very own Catholic traditional Weeping Madonna!
Project suitable for ages 10 and upwards.
Manufacture is simple. Many religious statues are made of brittle
porous materials which soak up liquids like a sponge. Their outside is
covered by paint and glaze, so that they are effectively waterproof vessels.
- - - - Directions - - - -
- Obtain a suitable Madonna and a sharp instrument. 6-inch Madonnas
who look sort of doleful are the best.
- Make two very thin small slits beneath the eyes; then, a larger hole
in the back or top of the head, higher than the level of the eyes.
- To saturate the inside of the statue with a suitable liquid, leave
it immersed overnight. Red liquids look best, but remember not to use
blood, because of course it coagulates.
- Remove and rinse. The liquid will slowly seep from the eyes for quite
some time. During this time, you can collect donations from dozens of
- Remember, a Weeping Madonna needs no guarantee of reliability or
regularity. If it's seen to weep once, that is enough to make its reputation.
Be warned that you will receive reports from the faithful that your Madonna
is also moving. Do not be alarmed, these do not indicate that
the statue is dissolving.
- Under no circumstances should you ever use a graven image of Madonna,
the Pop Singer.
Click here to view site policies.
Pledge your donations here.
100% of all donations to Turoks.Net will be spent on having a good time.